The church of St Rumbald or All Saints stands on the east side of the village, and is a plain, classic structure erected in 1722–25 on the site of an older building.
A petition to the bishop to pull down the old church stated that the building had become ‘so ruinous that to repair it would be a burden too heavy for the parish to bear’; the spire was in danger of falling, and the structure was described as ‘very much larger than is necessary for the inhabitants of so small a parish.’
The building was pulled down in the spring of 1722, and the first stone of the new church laid in May of that year. The roof was completed in the autumn, and the interior finished in the summer of 1724, when the pews, pulpit, wainscot and doors were put in, the windows glazed, and the ceiling and walls plastered. The tower was begun in June,1724, and finished in August,1725, and the building opened in the following March.
There is a ring of five bells by Thomas Eayre, of Kettering, cast in the winter of 1727. These are re-castings of five old bells, two of which were cracked. They were hung in the tower in new frames in the summer of 1728, and about the same time a new clock was provided.
Reference: – Parishes: Stoke Doyle’, A History of the County of Northampton: Volume 3 (1930), pp. 132-135.