St Peter’s Church Deene is a country estate church in the care of the Churches Conservation Trust.
This church was built by the Brudenell family, who bought Deene Park in 1514 and have lived there ever since.
The building is constructed of local stone and Collyweston slates. The west tower and spire probably date from the 13th century or earlier. TH Wyatt was commissioned in 1868-69 to rebuild much of the church by the widow of the 7th Earl of Cardigan, the famed Brudenell who led the Charge of the Light Brigade. The nave and aisles are austere but the chancel was sumptuously furnished and was decorated by G F Bodley in 1890. The south chapel contains monuments to the family from 1531 onwards, including the splendid tomb of the 7th Earl and his wife.